Over the years, our skin gets loosen up due to aging, which makes us look older. This is something we all won't like! And probably most of us go for various branded cosmetics in order to enhance our appearance. But, the question is whether such things are the only solution to get rid of droopy eyelids? Well not!
So, if you are looking forward to change your appearance, then you surely need to go for this. But before that, here are some facts about eyelid lift surgery, which you should be aware of -
- Right candidates for surgery: Generally, adult men and women, who are at the age of 30 to 40, are best suited to undergo this surgical process. However, even younger people can go for this procedure, if they have droopy & shaggy eyes. Mostly people who are non-smokers, not suffering from life-threatening illness and without serious eye conditions, get the best benefits out of this process.
- Before surgery: Before fixing the surgery, a candidate needs to look for an expert cosmetic surgeon, who would check the facial tissues and muscles of the patient. Moreover, prior to the surgery, your surgeon would test your eyes in order to make sure that you are not suffering from any eye disease and your tear ducts are working properly.
- Surgery: Before starting up with the surgery, physician would give general anaesthetic to the patient and then start with the surgical process, which consists of removing of fatty tissues and fine wrinkles around the eyes.
- Recovery time: After blepharoplasty, a patient can easily get back to his/her normal working days after 7 to 10 days of surgery. But, during the recovery time, patient should not exert himself/herself in the physical exercises, as it would be putting pressure on the stitches of the patient. Moreover, one should not even drink or smoke during their recovery time, as this may take more time for them to recover.
- Benefits: The most common benefit for which we all are looking after blepharoplasty surgery is for a new enhanced look that would get rid of droopy or hooded eyelids and help us gain confidence.
- Risks: Naturally, with surgery there are also some risks as well. This includes dry eyes, blurred vision, and difficulty in closing eyes. Thus, keeping in mind the risks, one should then only step forward for the eye surgery.