Also known as a posterior approach lower blepharoplasty, it is a lower eyelid lift procedure, which is performed only on the inside of the eyelid. In addition to this, there are few other facts that are related to transconjunctival blepharoplasty about which you must have an idea, if considering to undergo it.
Excess fat is removed from bulging areas via making a small incision.
- Incisions are made in such a fine way that no evidences of surgery are left behind. However, scar will be inside the eyelid, but no other person would be able to recognize that a person had gone transconjunctival blepharoplasty in NYC.
- There are two types of lower eyelid lift called transconjunctival and transcutaneous (lashline). Out of both the two surgeries, posterior approach is considered the most successful types. Lashline blepharoplasty is recommended to people who are good candidate for this.
- However, transconjunctival involves only the removal and repositioning of fat, it may not be recommended for every patient because not all have the same problem.
- Those who have extensive amount of droopy skin, they are mostly recommended for posterior approach, while others who have skin that is stretched out, they are recommended for lashline procedure because removing of skin is not used in it.
- Patients undergoing this procedure definitely get desired results, even if they combine this procedure with other cosmetic surgical procedure.
- This procedure is performed with local anesthesia. However, patients who are given general or oral sedation, they are not given general anesthesia.
- By undergoing transconjunctival surgery, people can avoid laser skin resurfacing, chemical peels or other methods. This is because removal of fatty deposits from lower eyelid area and repositioning it to new area can be easily done by this approach rather than any other risky methods.
Various advantages associated with transconjunctival approach include:
- No external scar
- Less bruising and swelling
- Less invasive on eyelid
- Less ectropion (medical condition in which lower eyelid is turned outward) of lower eyelid
- Better and defined fat sculpting
Patients had serious lid surgery in past for them it is safer form of reoperation
After understanding the facts and benefits of posterior approach lower blepharoplasty, you must have got an idea that undergoing this cosmetic surgical process is not at all risky. So, if you consider undergoing it then make sure to consult a reliable surgeon for this surgical process.